Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ch-Ch-Changes....

For about a month now I've been in a funk....something I just haven't been able to shake. I've tried changing up my workout schedule (changing what days I would do what class), trying new foods, even getting in contact with a wonderful trainer in TX...it hasn't done anything. And because I haven't felt like going to the gym, I eat poorly & because im eating poorly, I feel like a fat ass and don't want to workout.....vicicous cycle! Because of that, I'm up 7lbs, eek!
So I randomly texted The Great Ashley....I look to her for wisdom, her extensive fitness knowledge and a much needed conversation tongue lashing. She asked me the typical questions; "What's wrong? Do you have a plan? Anything change?" And then she asked me a question that caused me to think; "Do you enjoy the classes once you're there?" ie, Are you bored? I marinated on that for a while, pinned some new recipes, tried to get motivated to create a new plan...and then it hit me: I'm Bored!
Don't get me wrong, I love the classes I take. They are what got me here....fit, well fit-er and a better outlook on my fitter future, and although the routines change, the music changes...it's pretty much the same thing. And I've done these classes for 2 years (almost). I also love my instructors. These people have become my friends, people I never thought would ever be in my corner, let alone at dinner with me on a friday night. It's truly amazing what these classes & people have done to my life. They mean everything to me, which is why I've changed everything but the classes themselves. 
So here I am 85lbs 78lbs lighter (damn 7lbs!) and a change of heart...and mind. If I'm going to reach my end goal, I have to change things up. I don't want to....I will miss the classes, the new launches, but most of all, the friends I have made....but have to change if I want to see change!
Starting tomorrow, I'm headed to Bodypump, which is the program I started with when I first started this journey. It shaped my body, created curves I never knew I had...and it's all I really did when I started and honestly credit to my instant weight loss. I will be adding in some yoga & will be doing some crossfit classes I bought on Groupon to give it a try. I'm still continuing my monthly 5k's...my next one is The Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning. I'm hoping these changes will help me get motivated & energized to follow through with the plan I started almost 2yrs ago: 130lbs & feeling great! 

2 comments:

  1. I have been in that same slump. Was doing the same routine since February except added a running program in 12 weeks ago. Finally decided it's time to try something new. Love my new friends that I have made at my current gym and they understand it's time for a change up. I'm pretty sure we all get into a "slump" at some point. The important thing is you realized what was causing the "slump" and are willing to change it. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being stuck in a rut sucks, good for you for mixing it up! Doesn't mean you have to give up your friends or other classes, just throw something new into freshen it up!

    ReplyDelete