Mama & Co., I wasn't sure what it was sooo I checked it out & pretty much it's a way for us bloggers to get to know each other. I give you some facts about me, answer some questions Amanda has for me & then ask some questions of my own! Pretty simple right...so here it goes.....
Facts about me:
1. I am a singer. I think I'm pretty good...never had any formal training. I've sang in school plays & in choir and as I got older I've sang the national anthem at Disney's Wide World of Sport's twice & even auditioned for American Idol (the year Carrier Underwood won)
2. I wanted 6 kids. I come from a very large & in your face Italian family. My grandmother had 6 kids and I always told myself I would have 6 like her. Once she passed, I knew I needed to do it. I love my kids but 3 seems to be enough, whew!
3. I met my husband on a dating site. I know, I know but we are together 10 years this year so it works!
4. I've had over 20 jobs in my lifetime! It's actually probably closer to 30 but I've just plain lost track after all these years (I've only been able to work legally for 14yrs, do the math)
Now for my questions from Amanda!
1. If you could be given any gift, what would it be?
Now I'm not sure if this meant like a present or a power so I'll share both....I would love the gift of keeping my mouth shut at times. I do tend to talk before I think and it can get me into trouble sometimes. If someone wants to buy me something...I'll take a spa day!
2. What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have?
Oh god, this is easy...so we were just on a mini spring break vacation and I ordered these deep fried shrimp with this asian sauce...looked really good but did not feel very good if you catch my drift, ugh!
3. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name and why?
I never liked my name when I was younger, I wanted to be something pretty like Elizabeth but as I've gotten older I love my name.
4. If you were invisible, where would you go?
I would go all over the world, just vacationing....since I'm invisible, it's free!
5. How do you want to be remembered?
As a great wife & mom. I don't care about anything else, I just want people to remember that.
6. What would you do with a million dollars?
Well, I would pay all of our bills & house off. Put money aside for college for the kids and then just live everyday like nothing happened. My husband loves his job and would never leave and I like being home with the kids....that money would sure help take off some of the stress though..
7. If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take 3 items & 1 person with you, who & what would they be?
I don't like this question because if I were stranded I would want my hubby & my babies with me, but if I had to pick 1 person it would be my husband...he's pretty good when it comes to figuring out stuff & bonus, he's a firefighter/paramedic so that would def. be of use. I would probably then want a photo album, my phone & maybe some tp? lol
8. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
This is easy, My grandmother, Anna. She passed away a few years ago & never got to see me start this journey or have my Brody. I miss her everyday...
9. Have you ever been told you look like someone famous? Who?
When I was little, I got Punky Brewster...I mean, I guess...besides the gigantic boobs, cause mine didn't come in until way into the teenage years, tmi?
10. What is something you learned this past week?
To have more confidence in myself. I was really scared to do this race this past week...i sincerely thought that I may have to be dragged across the finish line...but I did it & with no help across...I'm a lot stronger than I think
11. Where's Waldo?
Not sure...there was some creepy guy outside a while ago...
My questions for my nominees!
1. What made you start blogging?
2. Who are your biggest inspirations?
3. How YOU doin'?
4. Do you have any secrets? Do tell....
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
7. Would you go back or change anything that has happened in your life?
And my nominees are....
Tara at Generous Impulses
Paula at Paulas Pounds
Melissa at Fitness, Fottball & Fleur de Lis
Kristine at Heart Shaped Sweat