Thursday, March 28, 2013

1 year ago...

I was really hoping a huge difference in these photos but just didn't see one. But although I can't see that big of a difference, I know I can feel one.
I bought this dress about 1yr ago to go to a wedding. I remember trying it on in the dressing room. It is a size 16 and it was the first pretty dress I had bought since starting this journey. I was so excited when it zipped up. It had a belt that was tight but it squeezed me in and made me actually look like I had a shape. I loved the feeling I had in it....I felt so beautiful!

So I had the idea to try it on today since it's been about a year and I was shocked at how big of a difference I felt in it. Like I said, the photos above do not do it justice. It's huge on me. I put it on without unzipping it. My boobs are no longer spilling out of it, my stomach which, at the time of the wedding, I was still a little conscious of, because the dress was tight...it doesn't even matter now. It's bigger there too.

I was a little nervous about this experiment & not seeing a difference but I am so happy I did. I know I've changed since then, both inside & out. And although I still have a lot of work to do, I'm at least on the right path. Next time, it'll be my wedding dress for a comparison...

12 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out my blog if you want to participate!

    www.mamakiebler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trying on old stuff for comparison! Kind of a crazy/awesome feeling to be like ohhhhh wow I used to fill this up? Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see how big the wedding dress is on ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can get that damn roomate ;) to drag it out of the attic! He's so lazy...he works all day while I blog at home...lol

      Delete
  3. I can definitely see a difference -- you look great! Love the idea of doing comparison pictures like this! :)

    -- Emily @ runninglikeamother.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totes see a big difference!!! You look amazing and I WISH I could wear strapless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm whatev Skinny Meg! You could totes rock a strapless...I'm a follower on instagram...I've seen the flexing ;)

      Delete
  5. Good for you girl! It looks so big you should probably just buy a new dress to celebrate. Let me know if you need a partner in crime for shopping!

    http://jerriann.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes I need my jerriann time! We need a girl day soon...shopping, pedis!

      Delete
    2. Um yes I need my jerriann time! We need a girl day soon...shopping, pedis!

      Delete
    3. Um yes I need my jerriann time! We need a girl day soon...shopping, pedis!

      Delete
  6. It's all about how you feel! You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete