Monday, October 7, 2013

Motivational Monday

This past week has been a whirlwind of things...my sister & her husband renewed their vows on Saturday. Throughout the week we planned and made just about everything needed for the big day...on top of that, I was asked to officiate the ceremony. Those are some big shoes!!! So I took the week off from the gym, and tried to watch my diet. The goal was just to not gain weight.... I jumped on the scale Saturday morning just to see where I was and to my surprise the scale said 169 .8lbs! What?! I was so excited to see that number, it's a number that I have been wanting to see you for a few months now and haven't. I credit the amazing loss to taking a break from the gym. Some people think that you can't do that for you shouldn't do that and the reality is your body needs a break. I've been out of sorts lately and I posted about it here just recently. I've been craving junk, I haven't been motivated to go to the gym, its been hard and I guess that was my body telling you to take a break. So as much as this week was stressful, that break that I took was very much needed and on Sunday morning, with only 3 hours of sleep, I got up...went to the gym and went back to Attack with my friends. And although I was tired as hell, I made it through and felt great afterwards and I'm back on track it seems.

So your motivation for today is trust your body, trust the signals it sends you. You're tired or overwhelmed or not following through on your diet take that as a sign that maybe you need a break. You may lose some you may gain some on that break but that break could be the main reason why you do better in the future.

Have a Happy Monday and I leave you with some pictures from the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with taking a break every once in awhile! I thought that I would gain back every.single.pound I lost when I took a workout break - but I ended up losing 2 pounds. I do need to get back to working out again to continue the weight loss - but you are right; listen to your body!!!

    ReplyDelete