Monday, January 6, 2014

Motivational Monday!


This is the new team for 2014! We are so excited to share with you our thoughts & tips as we go through each of our own journeys. We're going to try something new this year and every Monday will have a theme, please link up with us even though maybe the theme doesn't fit in with your life right now, link in with us and help make us the largest link up for blogs!


This week is Resolutions. You know mine but I'll list them for you just in case ;)

1. Hit goal weight (somewhere in the 135-145lb range)

2. Run, and I mean actually run, a 5k per month. First one is coming up on Saturday!

My family and I made some resolutions and they are to have one family day a month and one date night a month. With three kids, my husband I do not get to go out a lot by ourselves. Usually one of us goes out & the other stays home so I thought it would be good to have some resolutions our family, make us a stronger family unit.

How about your resolutions? Have you made any? Have you made some and already broken them?

I want to hear what your goals are! I find it's always best you tell someone about that, because you usually follow through with them better if someone else knows about it. So share them here, down below in the comments. Maybe someone has a goal similar to yours and you can pair up, keep each other on track. It's always good to have a buddy.

If you've made a resolution, how do you plan on keeping it? For me, I started off the new year with the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse. I knew that if I didn't try to get rid of some of this holiday bloat, I wouldn't get started on the right track. So far I'm halfway through and feeling good! After the cleanse I plan to watch my portions, because I think they have gotten way off track. I plan to follow weight watchers to get that back on track. It has always helped me before, so I figure why not. I then bought a Groupon over the holidays for some crossfit classes. I start this Thursday & will do 1 class a week along with my regularly scheduled workouts. I'm going back to the 2hr a day plan, where I do an hour in the am and then an hour in the pm. That plan may not work for everyone but it comes easily for me, so that's what I'm going with. I'm hopeful that all these little changes will help me achieve my goal weight by summertime. 

And that's all it takes for anyone really....to keep your resolutions or goals, you simply have to put in the effort. You have to try, you will have to sweat, it will hurt sometimes, you may miss some foods or drinks, but in the end, it's all worth it. And once your there, its not over, but it gets easier.....you just have to start.



5 comments:

  1. I love your 5K plan! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are gonna kick some butt this year, Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Morgan...you can totally do it, we're behind you all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of Family resolutions! We've only got 2 kids and don't get out much either. Enjoy your first 5k of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your family resolutions and can't wait to see your pics from the 5k this weekend...they've made themed 5ks are so much more fun. My resolution is to find my happy place at work again...I love what I do, but I've been stuck in a rut lately where I just find myself counting down the minutes. I already have a plan to start delegating some work to other people, so I just need to put it into action.

    ReplyDelete