Monday, June 9, 2014

2 years.

2 years ago, I made the decision to get healthier & start this blog. Looking back, I had figured that I would be done getting healthy by now....meaning I'd be at goal. Am I? No, but I'm further than I was when I started all of this. A lot can happen in 2 years. And if you've followed along with me here, you know the endless things I've done and tried to lose the weight....countless times I've stated that I will get to goal and keep the weight off. Numerous blog posts on motivation, failures, accomplishments, tricks, tips, giveaways...I've had it all....all but that one post, that says I've Made It! 2 years ago, I thought I'd be there by now and when I woke up this am, feeling good since 1. It's my birthday & 2. These braces come off today, but then I remembered these goals I had....goals I didn't meet. I wanted to get down on myself, I wanted to be mad that I didn't set out what I wanted to do 2 years ago. And then I took a step back and thought about where I was now & I realized it isn't half bad! I'm smaller than I was, I'm fitter, I'm healthier...happier. I've made the best friends at the gym and I'm only 40lbs from my goal weight. I remember that number being a lot higher when I started all of this. So, instead of being upset at where I'm not at 2 years later, I'm celebrating where I'm going! I will be brace face free in just a few short hours!!!! I will be headed to the gym tonight and having a birthday step class with those people that have become my lifeline & I will be enjoying the day with my little ones who this goal was all for in the first place. I'm able to do things with them I never thought I could because of my limitations and I don't have those anymore...and that's a reason to celebrate in itself. So I'm celebrating today, celebrating making healthier choices and becoming the better person I am today. I'm not at goal and I'm not sure how long it'll take me to get there, but today I don't care! I'm 31, in the best shape of my life, surrounded by people who love me and that's all that matters. Take care in knowing that you are good enough, and you will reach whatever goals you have in mind when you're supposed to, it may not be when we want to but that's not always how it goes sometimes. I was meant for something bigger than what I thought I ever deserved, you are too & together we will hit our goals! 

Have a happy and bright Monday!


1 comment: