Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Recipes!

I have some more recipes for you guys! The first one is a Greek Style Ground Pork Pita I kinda winged last minute cause a friend came to visit. I wouldn't normally use ground pork but it's what was thawed. When you do make this, although pork was delicious, I would use ground turkey and save yourself about 60cals a pita!
Ingredients: serves 6-9
White Pita Bread (cut in halves)
1lb Ground Pork
Spinach & Herb Seasoning (tastefully simple, I sell this and it's awesome...all the spices are!)
Diced tomatoes
Thin sliced cucumbers
Greek sauce (I made this too, again substitute where needed. I made this with what I had so save calories where you can)
1/4c Mayo, 1/2c sour cream, 2tbsp seasoning from above & grated cucumbers, salt & pepper to taste
Romaine lettuce
1oz Reduced fat feta cheese per pita
Brown the pork and season with spinach & herb & tomatoes. Fill pita with mixture, lettuce & veggies,1oz of cheese & 1tbsp of dressing & Enjoy! Only 385cals for one half of a pita. I also made a quick pasta salad to go with it that was made up of orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers & greek salad dressing making the meal 500cals.
This second pic & recipe is my version of the Panera Asian Chicken Salad. I was introduced to this salad & fell in love! It's amazeballs....but it's like 400 something calories for a salad!? I just don't get it so I quickly figured out how to skinny this thing up a bit. Here it is:
Ingredients: serves 1
3oz of Chicken (cooked)
Romaine Lettuce, chopped
1/4c Chow Mein Noodles
2tbsp Sliced Almonds
Sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
2tbsp Panera Asian Dressing
Now first off, the dressing is what makes this salad & I discovered it can be found at Target in the cold veggie section, holla! And it's only 60cals and so flavorful...a little goes a long way!
Just toss everything together and you have the same salad for 305cals...I just saved you close to 100cals, You're Welcome ;)You could add other greens to this as well as other veggies I just like it plain but it's up to you.
If you have any recipes that you needed skinnified, let me know & I'll give it a go!

1 comment: